Web surveys have become the backbone for eCommerce business success as it’s proven to be an invaluable tool for organisations to gather valuable insights and feedback from their target audience. In an increasingly digital world, web surveys offer a convenient and efficient means of collecting data, enabling businesses to make informed decisions and improve their products, web design, communications, and customer journey.
Want to know how web surveys can work in your favour? Well, let’s get to it then.
What are Web Surveys?
Web surveys are online questionnaires used to gather information and insights from your target audience. They are each designed based on the audience and where they are in their customer journey with the brand. These surveys are tailored to collect quantitative data through closed-ended questions or qualitative data through open-ended questions.
Web surveys can also be used when message mining. However, while message mining comes in many shapes and forms, web surveys are there to gather specific data from the target audience. It’s all based on your goals, whether to improve customer satisfaction, collect product feedback, conduct market research, or even check how users experience your site.
Why Conduct Web Surveys?
We could carry on for hours about the different reasons you should conduct web surveys. But to make your life easier, we’ve put together four reasons why you should conduct web surveys.
1. Customer Feedback
Web surveys allow you to engage directly with your customers and obtain feedback on their experiences. By understanding customer preferences, pain points, and expectations, businesses can make data-driven decisions to enhance their products or services.
2. Market Research
Say hello to a cost-effective and efficient method for conducting market research. They enable you to gather information on consumer trends, preferences, and behaviours, helping you to identify new market opportunities and optimise your marketing strategies.
3. User Experience Improvement
Your customers’ journeys with your store are pivotal to whether or not they will stick around with your brand. Web surveys assist in evaluating and improving user experience and the customer journey. By gathering user feedback, businesses can identify areas of improvement, optimise website navigation, enhance usability, and ensure customer satisfaction, ultimately leading to increased conversions and customer loyalty.
4. Data-Driven Decision Making
Web surveys generate valuable data that can guide strategic decision-making. By analysing survey responses, businesses can uncover patterns, trends, and correlations, helping them make informed choices and allocate resources effectively.
Types of Recommendations from Web Surveys
You may be wondering what types of feedback you may receive when conducting web surveys. Of course, it varies depending on your goal for the survey that was set in the beginning. But if done correctly, you can expect some of the following:
- Product Development: Web surveys can provide insights into customer preferences, needs, and desires, helping businesses develop products that align with market demands. These recommendations can influence your product features, pricing, packaging, and even your branding strategies.
- Customer Service Enhancement: Using web surveys to enhance customer service will enable you to identify gaps in your customer services process and make necessary improvements. Whether it’s streamlining customer support channels, enhancing response times, migrating customer service tools, or implementing additional support features, you’ll be able to make an impactful change in your customer service.
- Marketing Strategies: Web surveys assist in refining marketing strategies by identifying target-audience preferences, understanding their purchasing behaviours, and gathering feedback on marketing campaigns. Recommendations may involve optimising messaging, refining targeting strategies, or leveraging new advertising channels.
- Website Enhancements: Web surveys allow you to understand what it’s like to visit your brand’s site from the customer’s point of view. This could lead to website enhancements that you never thought of—leading to an increase in Conversion Rate.
Blend & Web Surveys
At Blend, our web surveys are strategically designed based on many factors, including the brand, its tone of voice, its target audience and where their customers are in their customer journey. First, a goal is determined. Then customers are divided using Omniconvert’s Reveal before we create custom surveys for each group based on their purchasing and engagement behaviour with the brand. We work closely with the brand to ensure questions are clear, concise, and unbiased to maximise the quality and accuracy of responses.
We also make certain that the surveys are on-brand when it comes to the survey appearance—ensuring the brand logo, colours, and fonts are all consistent. This increases brand trust as well as the completion rate.
Once put together, Blend creates email campaigns targeting each cohort with their specific link taking them to their web survey. These surveys are completed on a separate website to ensure customers aren’t distracted. Once surveys are sent out, we wait a select period of time, depending on the brand, before analysing the responses through Omniconvert. Omniconvert provides powerful analytics tools that allow us to analyse survey responses in-depth, so we can easily identify trends, patterns, and correlations, enabling us to generate actionable insights for our clients.
Based on the qualitative and quantitative data collected, we build a list of recommended actions to implement for the client. Whether it’s refining product copy, enhancing user experience, or optimising marketing strategies, we leverage the survey data to drive positive changes for both client and their customers.
One of Blend’s Beauty Client’s, agreed for us to conduct web surveys to source the underlying issues that they may not have known about. We found some points of interest from these surveys that we could make actionable insights.
- Beauty Client originally thought that their target audience was price sensitive—often offering discounts and deals to overcome this. However, the truth was quite the opposite. We found that Beauty Client’s customers were happy to pay the necessary prices for the products. We then created a strategy to wean customers from any discounts being offered and replaced these with rewards for loyalty.
- We found that the main hindrance for customers with this brand was shipping issues like longer delays. To resolve this issue, Blend encouraged the rule of ‘under-promise and over-deliver’ by updating the messaging surrounding shipping within the client’s website. We also looked into potential delays in fulfilment centres and optimised communication within the Post Purchase Flow to manage customer expectations.
If you’re looking to make the same incremental changes and impacts to your store and need someone on your side, you can get in touch with us at Blend today.