Every Shopify business is unique, so it’s very important to not get lost in the noise and excitement of all the apps you can possibly find. You need to find the apps that work the best for you and your business model.
Apps are a powerful way to enhance your store’s functionality in various ways. Whether you want to add customer reviews, improve email marketing, personalise your customer experience, or get in-depth analytics, there’s definitely an app for that.
Most of these apps (paid and free) can easily be found in the Shopify App store, which has over 4000 apps developed both by Shopify and third-party companies, with many more apps being developed every day.
With so many options to choose from, making this sort of decision can be overwhelming, which is why we have put together a handy blog on some of the MUST HAVE apps that can help you scale your brand and how to use them.
Can you have multiple apps on Shopify?
The short answer here is yes, you can add multiple apps to your Shopify store. The Shopify App Store has countless useful apps that become all too tempting to resist just installing them as you wish. But be careful, installing too many Shopify Apps may have a detrimental effect on your website.
Installing too many apps on your Shopify store can interfere with your theme and other apps that you rely on more heavily; makes troubleshooting your issues complex and can heavily impact the speed of your Shopify store - hampering your customer experience.
So before you hit that install button, it’s a good idea to weigh up all the pros and cons to determine if you truly need that new shiny app.
How do I use apps on Shopify?
Once you have determined that you need an app, the installation process is mostly a simple one.
There are three ways to install an app on your Shopify store.
- Install through the Shopify App Store
- Install with a third-party install link
- Install a custom app with a unique link
Shopify provides easy to follow step-by-step guides for installing your apps that you can find here. If you would like a more hands-on approach, our On-Demand Digital Department can help you each step of the way.
Do you have to pay for apps on Shopify?
Some apps are free to use, some apps come with a free trial and some apps will require payment. There are four types of app-related charges and credits that you can receive.
- Subscription charges - These charges are for recurring use of an app, such as a monthly subscription. They appear on your regular Shopify subscription bill.
- App usage charges - These charges are variable based on how much you're using the app or the service that it integrates with (such as the number of interactions provided by a customer service app). They appear on your regular Shopify subscription bill.
- One-time app purchases - These charges are for specific services provided by an app (such as a single migration of your data from one platform to another). They appear on separate bills.
- Application credits - You are entitled to application credits under certain circumstances, such as when you downgrade a paid app subscription partway through its billing cycle. These credits appear on your Shopify subscription bill, and can be used towards future application charges on Shopify.
Shopify Partner Apps
Here at Blend Commerce, we partner with some of the best Shopify Partner Apps so that we can work together and help our clients grow. Over several years we have used and tested hundreds of apps and have narrowed down our tech stack to 8 core apps to help our clients build stronger customer relations and improve the consistency of their brand throughout their whole store and customer experience.
What are the most popular on Shopify?
To get the lowdown on the most popular apps on Shopify, we’ve selected the apps that we regularly recommend and integrate. To get access to these insights, simply complete the form below to get instant access.