U Suck at Golf is a lifestyle apparel company geared toward the average everyday golfer. U Suck at Gold (USAG) felt they were leaving money on the table by lack of branding and trust, and following a theme customisation project with Blend, increased their conversion rate by 149%.
While the brand had shipped over 10,000 shirts within their first year of trading, USAG was achieving a conversion rate of under 1.5%. While high levels of traffic were being driven to the store, the brand suspected that issues with branding, navigation and CRO were leading to poor conversion.
The initial step of the project involved Blend completing a full UI/UX audit of the store, as well as an analysis of traffic. Following an analysis of the data, Blend pinpointed the following key issues that were impacting on conversion:
- Poor site navigation
- Inconsistent branding across the store
- Lack of trust indicators across the store.
Backed with data, these issues were discussed with the brand, and a full store roadmap was created on how Blend would customise the Turbo theme by Out of the Sandbox to help drive up the conversion rate of the business. Once the roadmap was agreed with the USAG management team, Blend specifically:
- Audited the current navigation structure and implemented the finding on site, in addition to this Blend built out a detailed tagging guide for USAG to use for future additional products and collections.
- Developed a branding guide and then implemented consistent branding across the whole store to improve trust.
- Development was focused on increasing user conscious and subconscious awareness of the website and product trust with the use of subtle visual keys and specifically placed content on site.
Jake Worby, founder of USAG said:
“Their lead developer worked with us every step of the way to develop a website that we were happy with and on the same page with. He completely restructured the navigation, which is flawless right now and added an “ease of use” for the customer. We also gave the site a more branded feel by incorporating consistent fonts and color schemes. Last, we restructured the product pages to add “trustworthiness” and give our customers confidence in shopping with us.”
A month after the initial re-launch of the customised theme, USAG reported the following results:
- Pre-Blend: 1.73% conversion rate
- Post-Blend: 4.30% conversion rate
By helping USAG to increase conversion rate, the brand has continued to expand its product range and continues to experience significant growth following our initial project. On the success of the project, Jake Worby said:
“Being the average Shopify store owner, we have no experience in coding and website development and can only take it so far, which is fine when first starting out, but when looking to scale your store to the next level, I believe that the investment with Blend Commerce will surely pay off.”